Tuesday, January 22, 2008

The Working Mum!

You may have noticed, I have 3 biological adorable boys - & I was sooooo lucky to have that very first year with each of them, while we were in the process of still growing my career... It was a very, very precious, irreplaceable time. I loved the bonding with them - the breastfeeding - the total reliance of the newborn on me... Alex will tell you, he loved their age later - when they were giving back - from later in the first year to toddler hood, that was his favorite time. He has now been home for 11 years - when Liam turned 1... (& what an amazing Dad he is!)
But I feel really ripped off this time. My 4th child - whom I love totally, but as a working Mum supporting everyone, I simply cannot take the year off. I get a total of 5 weeks, 3 in China. The max I can get. Perfect for Alex as she is going to roll into that perfect age for him, but I grieve for what I have lost...
Silly I know. I have worked for so long for this to get to this point, let's go with the flow...
Thanks everyone for being on this journey with us X
Cindy...

1 comment:

Jen Boote said...

Oh Cindy - my heart goes out to you so deeply. We cannot know the repercussions of the decisions we make when we make them - but you have a right to grieve and to feel sad. Alex is obviously a wonderful daddy and thank God she will be with him and not in a child care centre. It's good to recognize the feelings - at least that way you can deal with them. Keep focusing on the great things! love Jen, Graham and Ebony Grace