Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Happy New Year!!

Happy New Year to everyone! 2008 is going to be awesome for us and I hope it is for you too!
I am feeling much happier about the travel as we now have some tentative flights for the 5 of us to get to China and home again with Jade booked - and we have to pay the money on the day of our travel meeting (9th Jan). At this stage we fly out of Melbourne on the 9th February with a few days stopover in Hong Kong. This may get extended depending on when the handover day is scheduled.
I did some shopping on the weekend with the boys - we bought some bottles and nappies and wipes and things... Very exciting! Also a few little clothes, but I really want to wait for China for her clothes shopping. We had a shock when we weighed our cases - they weigh 7kgs when empty! So luckily we will have 5 x 20kg limits... I will try and take a couple of empty ones...
We have placed Jade's photo all over the house, up in the family room, on the fridge, in the lounge, by our bed etc etc The boys (& Alex) have her photo in their wallets, and Josh has her photo in his phone (of course). At work she is my laptop wall paper, in a frame on my desk, in my purse, on my work pass and I even have one on a "photo" watch on my wrist, so I see her face constantly... How crazy is that hey? :-) This photo will be 5 months old when she is in our arms & I wonder how she would have changed? But this one will be imprinted in my mind forever... Take Care, Cindy...

1 comment:

Jen Boote said...

Oh Cindy - I remember that feeling SOOOO well - I still have the photo's of Ebony laminated and blue tacked to my dashboard in the car where they have been for ages! What a wonderful year this will be for you and your family .... enjoy the wait - it's part of the excitement and enjoy any buying you're doing too!
Happy New year! Jen, Graham and Ebony Boote