Saturday, February 2, 2008

Rock around the clock!

I have actively been pursuing a rocking recliner, after the recent demise at my Sisters of my Grandma's prize possession - which had an active life of 30+ years and quite a few great-grand-children rocked to sleep within her arms!
We know only too well, after copious amounts of reading and classes, that rocking a child coming from within care, can help stimulate the switched off areas of the brain that are linked to attachment. (& by the way, also jumping on a trampoline can help too!)
So we were staking out the "sales" of the Jason Recliner/Rockers when Alex did an a e-Bay search and found a retired couple not only selling two 8 year old Recliner Rockers, but a matching 3-seater sofa and a Recliner-only for a bargain price (of far less than the one "on sale" Recliner/Rocker)! The whole family catered for!
Today we picked it up and have it installed ready for those late night rockings... Not long to go now... I can't wait!!
By the way - I have to admit to a personal love of rocking. I spent a few years of my youth on the "top bunk" where the wobbling my foot rhythmically shook it enough to rock me to sleep each night. Alex will tell you that I still, in the depths of my slumber, rock my foot...
Happy Chinese New Year to you all!!
Love, Cindy...

No comments: